Monday, May 11, 2009

Mama....

Mama... I love you so much!

I am sure those words have been repeated thousands if not millions of times today as people in many places of the world celebrate Mother’s Day.

A few days ago, a friend asked me what I will do for Mother’s Day. I told him I don’t celebrate Mother’s Day on any specific date as I recalled places all over the world have different dates for it. What a load of bull! In fact the real reason was that I totally had forgotten about it!

Do we really need a specific date to tell our mums how much we love them and to make them feel special? Simple answer, No! In fact, it should be everyday they feel the love, feel appreciated and so so very special. Some of us may have taken our mums for granted. More often than not, her requests came in last after all other things in our life. It is not that we don’t love our mums, we just forgot to show her everyday.

So on this so called special day for mums, let’s make the extra effort and start to show more. Let our mums know regularly how much we love them. Not just by mere words, also by our actions. Don’t just remember her when we need help, to borrow money or even for her kari ikan we love so much. Keep her in our minds always even when we don’t need anything from her.

To my mum, I love you so much. Thank you for everything.

To my better half, thank you for being the best mum our kids could have wished for. And off course I love you too........

No comments:

Post a Comment