Friday, May 01, 2009

40% off? .....


Flipping and browsing through the advert section of a well known local paper, suddenly I burst into big big laughter on my own.. If I was in a public location, I am sure I will get strange looks @ jelingan ganjil from people around me ... they will think I am someone who has some loose screws upthere (kurang sintar nya orang brunei....) the reason for my laughter? There in front of my eyes an advert offering “Bust enhancement up to 40% off!” ... ha ha ha... I can’t imagine any sane ladies out there will take this offer of having their prized assets 40% ... yes 40% .. almost half of it reduced! More likely they want them to be doubled! So Advertisers beware how you put across your message or offers .. If I can see it this way I am sure many others can see it too ... 40% off ur busts! Hehehe ..

On a serious note, exactly on the opposite page, something caught my interests... yes .. an advert seeking Expressions of Interest, popularly known as EOI for Feasibility Study for a bridge to Temburong ... Imagine a bridge to Temburong? Imagine the famous cendols, wajids, udang galah just 30 mins drive away? Imagine not having to travel in the flying coffins to reach Bangar? And for the young ones (and may be some of the not so young anymore), the Taman Batang Duri as an option for a dating place? (hahaha.. I am sure I am going to get into trouble for saying this!). Imagine not having to go through Limbang to go to Bangar... the endless queues at Immigration Posts, multiple chops on your passport (capat abis passport mun selalu ke KK via Limbang phenomenon).. those are among the good things if the bridge is ever built ... but as in life, everything has its pro and cons ... the big worry will be its impact on the environment ... not the just at the corridor the bridge pass through, the closer the Ulu Temburong jungle is, the more likely its environment will be affected.. well.. we shall see what the study will conclude ...

Today’s khutbah jumaat very interesting (since when do I stay awake during khutbah... i wonder!).. well i just hope everyone was listening, the ones at masjids and the ones at home too, the message is simple and straightforward... Jangatah luan memilih keraja..... I dare to add.. yang tedapat keraja, keraja tah bisai-bisai, waktu keraja buat keraja, it’s not the time kan bemain nor facebooking etc etc (hahah macam menyindir diri sendiri ni)... well who eats the chilli, they will be the ones who get the padasnya .... hahhaha.........

No comments:

Post a Comment