Sunday, June 07, 2009

Sunday Snippets.....

Another Sunday, another day for taking things easy ... as the Lionel Richie says.. Ooh,that's why I'm easy, I'm easy like Sunday morning, That's why I'm easy, I'm easy like Sunday morning...

Well it wasn’t quite early morning when I opened my eyes. It was only a few months ago, a Sunday morning is like any other mornings, time to look at my work. Not that I am rajin, may be I was very bad at time and work management. A friend once said if someone has to take work home or work on the holidays, he or she is poor in managing his or her time and work. So, with this and other reasoning in mind, subconsciously I started to treat Sundays as they are suppose to be.. a day to take things easy. Well, if required, I will still turn up to work (just in case my bosses are reading this he..he..he).

So what is my typical easy Sunday? I suppose the things we do on Sundays are similar. Wakes up, shower (I do hope everyone showers despite our effort to reduce our water usage!), have breakfast, watch TV, surf the Net including reading e-mails, updating Facebook, read the papers, have lunch, watch TV again, take afternoon nap. To some lucky ones (lucky? Not!), they have invitations to attend, be it wedding and other family and non family functions. (To anyone who is interested, I may write about things we can do to avoid attending any invitation in the future.) Before we know it, it’s Sunday evening and we need to get ready for another manic Monday.

Today, had homemade cucur udangs for breakfast. May be it was brunch as it was almost lunch time. Top that with nasi goreng, definitely no need to have anything for lunch. I used to make “mean cucur udangs” in my student days. After a few trial and errors, especially the first time when my cucur udang was very “karup-karup” and so nipis they looked more like crisps with prawns here and there, I can consider my cucur udangs as good as any I have tasted bar my nini’s. Now, happily I am a retired self proclaimed chef. The day ended with a nice, delicious roti talor bawang (RTB) session. Lately, been having a lot of RTBs. Bawangs, as a friend used to say, good for your health but bad for your sex life (even worse is garlic!).

That was my easy Sunday......

PS:
I have the CD of a popular group, ST12 for some time. Listened to it today after a long time. When I first heard the PUSPA song, I was wondering what does the title got to do with the story of the song. Story of a guy falling for a girl and asking her to leave her boyfriend. Is it the lucky girl’s name? Or is it referring to the Puspa drink? (very unlikely!). Rupa-rupanya, PUSPA is short for “PUTUSKANLAH SAJA PACARMU” as in the lyrics...

.... jangan jangan kau tak terima cintaku, jangan jangan kau hiraukan pacarmu, putuskanlah saja pacarmu, lalu bilang I LOVE U padaku .....

Songs are definitely getting stranger and stranger.... what’s next for the title? CINCAU? CENDOL? I leave it to you all to work out what they mean he he he ....

No comments:

Post a Comment